Friday, August 22, 2014

Edgar Allan Poe Pencil Sketch



I greatly admire Edgar Allan Poe and all of his writings. Though he is best known for his poem "The Raven" I find his other short stories and tales of terror more interesting! I read them over and over again because they never get dull! Every time  I read them they still send a shiver down my spine! I person favorite are 'The Pit and the Pendulum', 'The Gold Bug', 'The Tell-Tale Heart,' and many MANY more! The list goes on forever!
Lots of his writings are very rarely read even though they are amazingly written and intrigue the mind! I don't usually like to read, but I can't ever seem to put down his books! He his defiantly my favorite Author!

This being said, I was "Drawn" to the idea of creating a portrait of him in pencil. His Eyes were a bit tough, but I got them relatively close. I very much enjoy doing portraits such as these. I only just now started doing them and they seem to be turning out O.K. 

Thanks for looking at my site! If you would like to use this picture from something such as for your blog or other website, please contact me first!

~Rachel~

No comments:

Post a Comment