Friday, August 22, 2014

Our Lady of Sorrows Pencil Art


This is a picture I drew of our Lady of Sorrows, (whose feast day is September 15) It depicts the Virgin Mary crying in utter sorrow. Her bitter tears mourn the seven swords that pierced her heart. Even though Mary was the greatest women to ever created, she still felt the sorrow and pain of her son and the sins of the world. 

This picture was very fun to draw because its the first time I tried to make a sad or weeping facial expression. I love doing pencil art like this and I will be posting many more like this in the future including pictures of well known saints! Thanks for looking at my blog and come back soon! If you can, Please subscribe and get an email every time I post something new!

If you would like to use this picture for anything such as for your blog or other website, please email me first! Thank you!

~Rachel~

No comments:

Post a Comment