Tuesday, November 4, 2014

"Half Way There" A Painting Of Purgitory


This is my very first realizitc painting of a person. While at first I was just randomly painting a picture for what came to mind, I came to the conclusion (with some assistance) for what this painting represents. With her eyes fixed up to heaven this girl is one of the many poor souls in purgitory who suffers in the fire of dispair. I've entitled is "Half Way There" because our souls are so close to getting to heaven but  we aren't  there yet! One could even say that's the only reason you only see half of the girls face, becasue she's half way done with her term of torment until she can join God in heaven.  The yellows, blacks and reds represent the fires of cleansing. 

This is a little different than what I'm used to, but I figured I'd give it a shot and it didn't turn out too bad!

~Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment